Good news for vegans: it's possible to indulge in the pleasure of a Caesar salad without having to compromise your food choices!
La Boite à Grains is now a retailer of Aux Vivres and Paradis Végétarien vegan products, which makes it easy to prepare this 100% vegan Caesar salad.
This Caesar salad recipe is tasty and easy to make. It only has 5 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Perfect for a pleasantly lighter meal on a hurried evening.
7 slices of Paradis Végétarien Bacon
7 kale leaves washed and chopped
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 cup store-bought or homemade multigrain croutons (click here to see how to make your vegan croutons from rice crackers)
1 cup (or to taste) of Caesar Aux Vivres
Slice of lemon
Ground black pepper
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 oF
- Place the 7 slices of bacon on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until slices are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the kale. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Knead the kale for two or three minutes, or until its volume has halved.*
- Stir in the croutons and bacon when cooked and cooled.
- Add the Caesar Aux Vivres vinaigrette and toss generously.
- Garnish with lemon slices or black pepper and serve cold.
*This technique is called kale kneading. It is used to soften the fibers of this leafy, otherwise very tough and difficult plant to digest. You'll find that kale tastes sweeter once kneaded, and you'll feel less bloated after eating it.
Enjoy your meal!
Véronique Cousineau; ND, NHN